Taproom General Manager
Location: Avondale Estates (Decatur area)
Full-Time; Exempt Position
Description of Position
The Taproom General Manager is in charge of all the operations of the Taproom, including but not limited to: financial performance, guest satisfaction, event coordination and staff development. The individual must have excellent organizational skills, people skills, employee motivation and problem solving skills. This person will be responsible for the creation and implementation of promotional strategies to increase Taproom revenue.
The Taproom General Manager must represent the Wild Heaven Beer Brands with knowledge and passion at all times. This position may lead to managing a second location.
Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned based on business needs)
- Meet quarterly, annual Sales goals of the Taproom with events and promotions, tracking and managing inventory, managing labor and operational costs.
- Creating a friendly environment that is welcoming and exciting for all customers.
- Hiring, training, scheduling and managing of all Taproom staff.
- POS System knowledge, maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting.
- Accountable for all cash/credit card sales.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain draft lines (training provided).
- Carrying out sales procedures that minimize loss and facilitate accountability.
- Communicate with brewery staff and marketing coordinator about upcoming beers and tap schedule.
- Work with Marketing Team to creatively promote new beers and develop a calendar of daily, weekly, monthly social and sport events.
- Develop and keep an accurate Food Trucks schedule.
- Work with Event Sales to schedule and execute private events in the taproom
- Work with Marketing Team to source content for weekly email newsletter
- Responsible for maintaining inventory for CraftCellr promotions
- Create and implement a taproom staff beer training program. Ensure that all personnel has a deep knowledge of all core, special Wild Heaven beers and what is available on tap.
- Maintain daily cleanliness of taproom and organizing regular cleaning and maintenance.
- Must possess excellent communication, time management, and organization skills
- Excellent people and results oriented skills
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- A passion for beer making and beer culture
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work unsupervised
- Physically fit with no limiting medical conditions
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Technical Skills – Shares expertise with others.
- Oral & written Communication. Effectively communicate and to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive work environment and team spirit; Able to build positive morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity. • Safety and Security – Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ensuring to meet all safety and storage regularities for housing of the goods and supplies.
- Adaptability / Flexibility – Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Education and Qualifications
University degree or Diploma in Marketing, Management, Hospitality, Brewing, or related discipline or experience managing a restaurant or bar for at least two (2) years.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Heavy lifting, capable of lifting 55 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
This position reports to and works with the President of Wild Heaven Beer
Email cover letter & resume in PDF format to: info at wildheavenbeer dot com.
Wild Heaven is a Georgia company created by lifelong Georgians – founders Nick Purdy and brewmaster Eric Johnson. Our core year-round portfolio is focused on world-class beers designed to offer something new to the beer landscape. Wild Heaven aims to be one of America’s great breweries as well as helping raise the profile of beer in the south. If you have the desire to join an incredible team of people, love beer like you love your mama, and have that fire in your belly to be great, we look forward to hearing from you!