Taco Mac Southern Home Brewer’s Challenge 2016
Attention Home Brewers! We’ve partnered with Taco Mac for the 4th annual Southern Home Brewer’s Challenge – it’s an exciting pro-am competition where one winning home brew recipe is produced by us to be sold at Taco Mac restaurants across the state. Here’s how it works:
Home Brewers challenge poster 2015social2
Throughout the months of October and November, beer submissions will be accepted at specific Atlanta-area Taco Mac locations. Eligible dates and locations are listed below.
The Southern Home Brewer’s Challenge panel of judges, made up of representatives from Taco Mac and Wild Heaven along with other Atlanta-area beer luminaries, will judge the submissions.
Once the winner has been announced in November, we’ll take some time to fine tune the winning recipe to work within our brew system specifications. Once a final recipe is reached, the beer will go into commercial production. The release date will be targeted for mid 2016.
Submissions will be accepted at the following GEORGIA locations on the specified dates from 5 PM – 8 PM:
Friday, October 30th at Taco Mac in Duluth and Crabapple
Tuesday, November 3rd at Taco Mac at Windward Pkwy and Decatur
Friday, November 6th at Taco Mac Dallas Highway and Lindbergh
Things to think about when planning your submission:
– No more than two styles per brewer.
– The winning beer needs to be produced in a large quantity, so choose ingredients that are readily available.
– We brew mostly ales, and in the interest of not tying up our equipment with a lengthy lagering process, ale styles would be preferred.
All submissions must be:
– Two bottles of twelve ounces each. No big bottles and no growlers.
– Have an accompanying information sheet (will be provided at a later date)
– Received at the stores specified above, on the dates specified above, between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm.
There will be someone on site to receive the samples during those times only. This will prevent loss, breakage, or anything else that would prevent samples from getting to the tasting panel intact.
If you miss the submission date, you must choose a different location to drop off your beer. If you leave it at a location before or after the submission date and time, it will not get into the judging process.
Cheers and good luck!